Brussels sprouts are rich in many valuable nutrients. They are an excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin K. Also a very good source of folate, manganese, vitamin B6, dietary fiber, choline, copper, vitamin B1, potassium, phosphorus, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- 1 package whole wheat pasta مكرونة بدقيق الكامل١
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts ١ملفوف الكرنب
- 1 cup baby carrots ١ بيبى جزر
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar ١ خل بلسمك
- 1/2 cup chicken broth شوربة فراخ
- 1 cup skimmed milk ١ كوب لبن خالى
- 1 tablespoon flour ١معلقة دقيق
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice ٢معلقه عصير ليمون
- Zest of 1 big lemon بشر ليمون
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ١/٢ثوم بودرة
- Salt and pepper to taste ملح و فلفل
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese جبنة برمزان١
- Oil spray اسبراى زيت
Cook pasta According to package.
Cut both carrots and Brussels sprouts into half
Marinate them in balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper for 20 mins
In a pan , spray some oil then add the garlic powder then the veggies stated above and leave for 2 to 3 minutes then add half cup broth and lower the temperature and leave to cook well.
Save half cup from the boiled water used in cooking the pasta as we will need it in the sauce
Add one tablespoon flour to one cup cold milk and mix well till flour is completely dissolved.
In a hot pan, add the milk with flour then add the half cup of boiled pasta water , then the lemon juice and lemon zest, season with salt and pepper and add the veggies and pasta to it, serve immediately as the pasta absorbs the sauce fast. Top with Parmesan cheese.