- 1 kilo lean ground beef
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 2 Tbsp seeded mustard
- 1 tsp dried thyme, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano, minced
- 1/2 Tsp garlic powderTopping:
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200 degree
- In a medium sized skillet placed over a medium heat, add the olive oil, add the mushrooms and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft. Then add the bell pepper and sauté for 3 mins
- In a large bowl, combine the meat, salt, pepper, egg, onion, seeded mustard, mushrooms, coriander , bell pepper ,dill, thyme, oregano and garlic. Mix well, making sure to break-up the meat. Add the cooked mushrooms and mix well.
- Grease a loaf pan with olive oil, and fill it with the meat mixture. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tomato paste, water, honey and olive oil to make the sauce for the top of the meatloaf.
- After cooking for 30 minutes, spread the sauce on the top of the loaf.
- Continue cooking for another 20 minutes, Take out of the oven and top with some fresh dill, leave to cool completely then cut and serve.